Am here. In Kinshasa. It's great:) Didn't do anything but wait yesterday but got my UN-ID first thing this morning - woohoo! And now I'm waiting again. Am not sure for what. Think it's for confirmation whether I can do my security briefing this week (in French) or if I should wait until Monday and get it in English. The plan was that I'd go to Goma on Friday. Will see:)
Am at the UNPOL offices and a police kindly lent me his computer. Went to an internet cafe three times yesterday but they never had any power so am glad I can use internet today. The hotel where I stay say they'll have internet next week:)
It's great to be back in Africa. Kinshasa is same same as other African cities. Nice paved roads with loads of potholes. High-rise buildings in need of new whitewash. Lots of people and music everywhere. Dusty. Aircon even though its definately not needed today, is not that hot. And supermarket full of european (lots of belgian) food. Yup, I can buy sinaasapelsap if I want.
Tuesday, 14 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Versgeperst of in een flesje?
ReplyDeletenee, in een tetra:)
ReplyDeleteMaar mannekes toch, das goei nieuws! Marjolijn
ReplyDelete